IIS Request Timeout

Thread: IIS Request Timeout

Default IIS Request Timeout

I keep getting the "System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out." error when running a large query/stored procedure against the database from a web page. This same query did work a couple of days ago, but since then the server was upgraded from .NET beta framework to .NET 1.1 framework. The code was also recompiled using VStudio 2003. <BR><BR>The query takes about 3 mintues to complete.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t know if any of that makes a difference, but it was working before the upgrades and now it is not... Does any one have any good ideas on ways to fix this. <BR>Thanks!!! <BR><BR>David

Default RE: IIS Request Timeout

&#062; The query takes about 3 mintues to complete.<BR><BR>that&#039;s way two long for a client-server ASP/ASP.NET app. It doesn&#039;t surprise me you&#039;re having trouble with it.<BR><BR>can you speed the query itself up? make it more efficient? otherwise you might have to go asynchronous by using Message Queueing or maybe Triggers (IIRC, triggers can go asynch under SQL Server/ASP, though I could be wrong)<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/