Thread: Database/Search

Default Database/Search

I have an ASP page that searches a database. Although the entire database is searched, I use a filter on certain fields. The below filter (I could only use a little bit for the post to work)is for a field [LEDef_ActiveInd] that has either the number 1 or 2 or the text of true or false and it works and returns all "LEDef_ActiveInd" that carries the value of true.<BR>\LEDef_ActiveInd+true\<BR><BR>What I would like to do is also filter a field [LEDef_Cd] which has text data such as "10-Name" or "40-Name", etc. I need a filter/code that would return the results of all the "10-Names".<BR><BR>Please help me.<BR><BR>Thanks...

Default What do you mean by...

..."use a filter"???<BR><BR>You mean your SQL statement filters for these values?<BR><BR>Or you mean you use ADODB.Recordset.Filter (not the best of ideas, but okay if recordset isn&#039;t too big).<BR><BR>But in any case, *I* certainly haven&#039;t go the foggiest notion what this notation:<BR> \LEDef_ActiveInd+true\<BR>is supposed to mean.<BR><BR>How and where is it used? I think you need to show some code.<BR><BR>************<BR><BR>*IF* you are using SQL, then you should be able to get what you want by doing<BR> ... WHERE LEDef_Cd LIKE &#039;10-%&#039;<BR><BR>[I presume you mean that the "Name" part of "10-Name" can be different in each record?]<BR><BR>**************<BR><BR>Oh, yeah...what kind of DB are you using? That&#039;s the *FIRST* question I should have asked. And is this ASP.NET or standard ASP?<BR><BR><BR>