JavaScript - Special Characters

Thread: JavaScript - Special Characters

Default JavaScript - Special Characters

This is more of a javaScript function then java. <BR><BR>I have a textarea whose value, i need to write into the database. How do you check for special characters and change it before writing into the database ? Specifically the life feed or new line character.<BR><BR>Can any one list a javascript function or any java class that encodes the string to appropriate values. <BR><BR>TIA<BR>Narsi

Default SInce we don't answer Java...

...questions here, I&#039;m not sure how to take this.<BR><BR>Are you saying that the page that the &#060;FORM&#062; is submitting to is a Java page? Presumably a ".jsp" page? If so, why are you posting in an ASP forum???<BR><BR>Of course there are ways to do it. And the ASPFAQs show you how to do it in ASP. But for a Java answer, methinks you&#039;d be better off finding a Java or JSP forum.<BR><BR>[I should note that I personally think you should *NOT* change the characters before writing the data to the DB. If a DB can&#039;t handle a newline character, then how could you ever store a simple text file in it?]<BR><BR>