&nbsp;<BR><BR>hello <BR>I am trying to add a date and time to my oracle database. The date works just fine but i cannot specify the time, so oracle automatically makes it 12:00 AM. I want to be able to insert the date and time from the one text box. <BR>For e.g <BR>Please enter data and time you wish to make test live <BR>for e.g 28-jan-2004 13:00 <BR><BR>Is it possible to do this. <BR><BR>When i enter 28-jan-2004 it updates the database fine but as i have said assigns 12:00 AM as the time, when i enter something like :e.g 28-jan-2004 13:00 <BR><BR>it gives the following error: <BR><BR>The page cannot be displayed <BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR><BR>Please try the following: <BR><BR>Click the Refresh button, or try again later. <BR><BR>Open the file:// home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error <BR>Internet Information Services <BR><BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel) <BR><BR>Error Type: <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80040E07) <BR>ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string <BR>/FYPVersion1/processmaketestlive.asp, line 152 <BR><BR><BR>Browser Type: <BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) <BR><BR>Page: <BR>POST 137 bytes to /FYPVersion1/processmaketestlive.asp <BR><BR>POST Data: <BR>module=Maths&topic=Trig&subtopic=none&title=Fi rst&date=26-Mar-2004+13%3A00%3A00+&time=00%3A00&password=first&con firm=first&submit1=Submit <BR><BR>Time: <BR>25 May 2003, 13:37:28 <BR><BR><BR>More information: <BR>Microsoft Support <BR><BR><BR>Anyone got any suggestions??? <BR><BR>here is the code i am using. <BR><BR>&#039;Variables <BR>Dim Module,Topic,SubTopic,Test_Date,Test_Time,Pword,Te stID,sSQL,conn,rs <BR><BR>Module = Request.Form("module") <BR>Topic = Request.Form("topic") <BR>SubTopic = Request.Form("subtopic") <BR>Test_Date = Request.Form("date") <BR>Test_Title = Request.Form("title") <BR>TestID = GenerateRandomID <BR>Session("TID") = TestID <BR>LectID = Session("LecturerID") <BR><BR>&#039;Create Data Connection and Recordset <BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR><BR>&#039;Data Connection Attributes <BR>conn.Provider = "MDAORA.1" <BR>conn.ConnectionString = Application.Value("Connection2_ConnectionString") <BR>conn.Open <BR><BR>&#039;Define and Run the Recordset <BR>strsql = "SELECT Module,Topic FROM LiveTest" <BR>set rs = conn.Execute (strsql) <BR><BR>&#039;Insert details into Database <BR>if (rs.BOF) and (rs.EOF) then <BR><BR>sSQL = "INSERT INTO LiveTest (Module, Topic, SubTopic, Password, TestID, LecturerID, Test_Date, Test_Title) VALUES (&#039;"& Module &"&#039;, &#039;"& Topic &"&#039;, &#039;"& SubTopic &"&#039;, &#039;"& Pword &"&#039;, &#039;"& TestID &"&#039;, &#039;"& LectID &"&#039;, &#039;"& Test_Date &"&#039;, &#039;"& Test_Title &"&#039;) " <BR>conn.Execute sSQL,adCmdText <BR><BR>God and Bill <BR>Ye suggested I need to use the To_Date() function so Oracle can recognise the date and time. Where can i put this function and what code do i need to use. Must apologise for my low level of expertise with ASP. <BR><BR>Thanks <BR>