MDB in password protected directory

Thread: MDB in password protected directory

Default MDB in password protected directory

Hi<BR>I use ASP , ADO<BR>I have an access file in a password protected directory.. when I use the connection string :<BR><BR>strCon="Data source=" & server.MapPath("FilePath/FileName.mdb") & ";Provider=Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MYPASS;"<BR><BR>I get the error :<BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;FilePath/FileName.mdb&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR><BR>How can I include the Directory username and password in the connection string ?

Default For ASP to be able..

.. to use the file, the IUSR_&#060;machinename&#062; account MUST have read/write permissions to the folder.<BR><BR>The IUSR_&#060;machinename&#062; is the default account that IIS uses for anonymous access.<BR><BR>If you want to protect the database, put it into a non-webaccessible directory. For instance, if your website root is:<BR>c:inetpubwwwroot<BR><BR>Put the database into:<BR>c:inetpubwwwdb<BR><BR>Then, give the IUSR_&#060;machinename&#062; account Read/Write/Delete permissions to the wwwdb folder.<BR><BR>Your database will be protected and it&#039;ll work.