Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Thread: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Default Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

I know this is gonna sound dumb to you guys...<BR><BR>I did check through the FAQ section but found nothing...<BR><BR>I am having problems with my .asp pages. Only 1 out of 1000 something work.<BR><BR>The working page is at (NOTE:My comp isn&#039;t always on) But when you click on the link, "Go to Forum" it gives an error.<BR><BR>This is the error:<BR><BR>**********************************<B R>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>Operation must use an updateable query. <BR>/erz/forum/inc_func_common.asp, line 189 <BR>**********************************<BR><BR>I&#0 39;ve had this code for awhile, so I know theres nothing wrong with it. I just reinstalled Windows XP Pro with IIS 5.1 and now its not working... It was before.<BR><BR>some one please explain to me step by step how to fix this error. Note : I&#039;m not the brightest crayola in the box.

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Errors

There is a link to the ASPFAQs at the top right corner of this very page.<BR><BR>Yep, that FAQ is in the category noted.<BR><BR>As for what changed: When you reinstalled, the system probably reset some directory permissions, so probably IIS no longer has permission to write to the directory where the DB is located.<BR><BR>