Excel in ASP

Thread: Excel in ASP

Default Excel in ASP

I would like to do the following on my intranet.<BR>View a particular Excel file in browser. (With the excel app visible) And user would be able to update the file and save it. (Not saving it on their hard drive but saving it back onto the webserver so the next time it is viewed it is shown with the updates made previously on the website)<BR><BR>How would I do this?<BR><BR>I tried the following code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039; Create Object <BR>Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")<BR>objExcel.Visi ble = True<BR>objExcel.Workbooks.Open(Server.MapPath("te st.xls"))<BR>objExcel.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs(Server .MapPath("test2.xls"))<BR>objExcel.Workbooks.Close <BR>objExcel.Application.Quit <BR>Set objExcel = Nothing <BR>%&#062;<BR>To just see if it saves the file straight away, and it did. However I do not see the excel app opening up. So how do I go about doing what I want in the above? (modify and save excel file remotely on intranet) <BR><BR>Thanks.

Default RE: Excel in ASP

Dude, do you understand the fundamentals of the Client-Server Model......<BR><BR>I&#039;ll tell you what.... Go to the server, open an Excel file, select all the contents and press Ctrl C, now, go back to your PC, open Excel, select the cell A1 and press Ctrl V. Did it paste in......NO? Why?<BR>