I know its a lot to ask but please help me :O)

Thread: I know its a lot to ask but please help me :O)

Default I know its a lot to ask but please help me :O)

Hi<BR><BR>well the long and the short of it is that I’ve screwed up. and I need a quick fix, to save me having to re-write every piece of script I have produced up to now.<BR><BR>all I really need to do is refresh one frame from a window, and open a link into another page the problem is I don&#039;t know any JavaScript. can anyone help me?<BR><BR>ok here is the problem with a little bit more detail.<BR><BR>I have a page split into three frames using this code here<BR>----------------------------------------<BR>&#060;frameset rows=*,105px&#062;<BR>&#060;FRAMESET COLS=130PX,*&#062;<BR>&#060;FRAME NAME="gallery_nav" SRC="gallery_nav.htm" noresize frameborder=0&#062;<BR>&#060;FRAME NAME="gallery_main" SRC="gallery_main.htm" noresize frameborder=0 scrolling=auto&#062;<BR>&#060;/frameset&#062;<BR>&#060;frame name=gallery_bottom src=gallery_bottom.htm SCROLLING=no noresize BORDER=2 bordercolor="1370A6"&#062;<BR>&#060;/frameset&#062;<BR>----------------------------------<BR><BR>then from the frame named gallery_main i used this code to open a new window and do some ASP.<BR><BR>----------------------------------<BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR>function caption(url) {self.name2 = "opener"; remote = open(url, "remote", "width=300,height=230,left=427,top=450");}<BR>// --&#062;<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR>----------------------------------<BR><BR>NOW WHAT I NEED.<BR>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE<BR><BR>a piece of code that I can paste into and write to the window that I opened with the code just above, so that onload it does the following<BR><BR>1) refreshes the gallery_bottom frame.<BR>2)loads a link into the tope frame of my choice.<BR><BR>I know this is far more than I should ask for but I really don&#039;t want to have to re-write the entire code, and I have no other solution I can come up with.<BR><BR>Please any help would be much appreciated.<BR>many many thanks<BR>Tony

Default Not much code at all...

Though I don&#039;t understand what the point of<BR> self.name2 = "opener";<BR>is in that caption() function.<BR><BR>Anyway:<BR><BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT&# 062;<BR>function doit( )<BR>{<BR> var fset = window.opener.parent; // fset refers to the frameset<BR> fset.gallery_bottom.location.href = "gallery_bottom.htm?junkname=" + escape( (new Date()).toString() );<BR> <BR> fset.gallery_nav.location.href = "http://www.disney.com";<BR>}<BR>&#060;/SCRIPT&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;BODY onLoad="doit( );"&#062;<BR><BR>***********<BR><BR>I used <BR> "gallery_bottom.htm?junkname=" + escape( (new Date()).toString() );<BR>instead of just<BR> "gallery_bottom.htm" <BR>to ensure that the page *will* refresh. Because the "junkname" argument (the current date and time) won&#039;t match whatever is cached in the user&#039;s browser.<BR><BR>*** THIS IS UNTESTED! All off the top of my head. ***<BR><BR><BR>