Please help!!!

Thread: Please help!!!

Default Please help!!!

I&#039;m building an admin page for someone who wants to insert news articles into an Access database. It uses a simple form, and the main body of the article goes into a standard Textarea element. <BR><BR>Now, is there a way to get the form to pass full HTML to the database instead of just simple text? What I mean is, when I check the results of a record INSERT, each article always come out as a single large block of unformatted text - not even carriage returns were passed to the database. <BR><BR>The people who will use this form will never learn HTML, so it&#039;s important they have a way to simply type and submit and have it reproduced on the web page with formatting intact... <BR><BR>I&#039;m so sorry if I&#039;m asking the dumbest question ever...

Default RE: Please help!!!

&#062; not even carriage returns were passed to the database. <BR><BR>I think you&#039;ll find they were, but the browser is ignoring them, which HTML does. to an HTML interpreter, this<BR><BR>&#060;p&#062;This<BR>is <BR>a<BR>paragraph&#060;/p&#062;<BR><BR>if the same as this <BR><BR>&#060;p&#062;This is a paragraph&#060;/p&#062;<BR><BR>there&#039;s an FAQ on this, but I&#039;ll fill you in anyway.<BR><BR>Replace(string, vbcrlf, "<BR>")<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>