Problem with sql string to oracle db

Thread: Problem with sql string to oracle db

Default Problem with sql string to oracle db

Hi all<BR>I know its the weekend but this is a very important thesis. Who wants to take the credit for getting me over the final fence of this long 4 year degree.<BR>I&#039;m using this the following code to update an oracle database using OLE DB Provider for oracle:<BR><BR>sSQL = "Select * FROM LiveTest WHERE LiveTest.Test_Date &#060;= Date() AND LiveTest.Test_Time &#060;= Time()"<BR>set rs = conn.Execute (sSQL)<BR><BR><BR>SQL = "DELETE * FROM Students where StudentID = &#039;" & Request.Form("userid") & "&#039;"<BR>conn.execute(SQL)<BR><BR><BR><BR>T he page cannot be displayed <BR><BR>There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. <BR><BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR><BR><BR>Please try the following:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Click the Refresh button, or try again later.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR><BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR><BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR><BR><BR>Error Type:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80040E14)<BR><BR>ORA-00936: missing expression <BR><BR>/FYPVersion1/performtestcheck.asp, line 17<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR><BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) <BR><BR><BR><BR>Page:<BR><BR>GET /FYPVersion1/performtestcheck.asp <BR><BR><BR><BR>Time:<BR><BR>15 May 2003, 19:53:54 <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>More information:<BR><BR>Microsoft Support <BR><BR><BR>Unfortunatly I cannot seem to understand it. Greatly appreciate your time.

Default RE: Problem with sql string to oracle db

wich line is line 17?<BR><BR>and dont do delete * from<BR><BR>just do delete from