error while creating CDONTS.NewMail

Thread: error while creating CDONTS.NewMail

archana Guest

Default error while creating CDONTS.NewMail

I want to use the messaging system in my WEB page.<BR><BR>I have VisualInterDev 6.0 , Windows 95, IE4.0, IIS4.0<BR>using personal web server.host is local.<BR>I get an error for creating the NewMail object but not while creating<BR>ADO objects like Connection,Command ,etc.<BR><BR>my script:-<BR>set objMail=server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>< BR>ERROR:-<BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>I want to know<BR>1)if CDONTS.NewMail will work on windows 95<BR>2)can I use CDO only with Exchange server and not with IIS4.0<BR>3) if I have to register the CDONTS server component and how to do it.<BR>4)if i must be connected to the internet to snd mails from ASP<BR><BR>i also tried ASPMAIL<BR>i got same error for<BR>set Mailer=server.createObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR><B R>IF ABOVE IS NOT POSSIBLE PLEASE GIVE ME ANY OTHER METHOD FOR MAILING<BR>FROM MY WEB PAGE.<BR>WILL ACTIVE MESSAGING BE SUITABLE.<BR><BR>SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Stephen FIsher Guest

Default RE: error while creating CDONTS.NewMail

You need SMTP services running which only install with NT Server and IIS 4.0.<BR><BR>Workstation and server cannot send mail.<BR><BR>I dont know of any workaround for this.