server side includes in access?

Thread: server side includes in access?

Default server side includes in access?

I have a job postings access database that will be used for the web. the problem is, the job descriptions are too long and go over the character limit in the memo field. <BR><BR>as a workaround, i am trying to use text files with the descriptions and put them in as includes. the description column&#039;s value in the db is actualy the name of the specific include file with the job description - , for example &#060;!--#include file="includes/;. <BR><BR>the text shows up in the source, but the page doesn&#039;t recognize it as an include file. instead, the colunm where the description should be shows up blank. i don&#039;t get an error saying include file not found either.<BR><BR>is there another workaround to this? or a way that i can overcome the character limitations of the access db (i can&#039;t use any other db at the moment)<BR><BR>thanks in advance!

Default ASPFAQs, category The Nature of Things

There is a link to the ASPFAQs at the top right corner of this very page.<BR><BR>Look in the category noted in the subject line of this message for your question.<BR><BR>The ASPFAQs are your friends. Visit your friends often.<BR><BR>***********<BR><BR>I&#039;ll make it easy on you:<BR><BR><BR><BR>If you are writing out #include&#039;s via VBScript, then obviously those are happening *WAY* after the only possible time.<BR><BR>But look in that same category of FAQs for the workaround. One that you could use.<BR><BR>HINT: It&#039;s close by.<BR>