Updating cookies

Thread: Updating cookies

Default Updating cookies

Hi, I am trying to update a cookie subkey. The cookie is created on another page when the user logs in and then when the user clicks on a product to purchase this sub below checks if the cartid is empty and if so it creates a random string and is supposed to update the cookie with the string. Sadly when I go and look at the cookie the string is still empty :( <BR><BR>Can anybody help me out here?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Private cartid As String<BR><BR>Public Sub addtocart(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommandEventArgs)<BR> <BR> If Request.Cookies("userinfo")("cartid") = "" <BR><BR>Then &#039;random string code adapted from Robert Chartier<BR><BR> Dim whatsnext, upper, lower, intcounter As Integer<BR> Randomize() <BR> For intcounter = 1 To 9<BR> whatsnext = Int((1 - 0 + 1) * Rnd() + 0)<BR> If whatsnext = 0 Then<BR><BR> upper = 90<BR> lower = 65<BR> Else<BR> upper = 57<BR> lower = 48<BR><BR><BR> End If<BR> cartid = cartid & Chr(Int((upper - lower + 1) * Rnd() + lower))<BR> Next<BR> Response.Cookies("userinfo")("cartid") = cartid<BR> Else<BR> cartid = (Request.Cookies("userinfo")("cartid"))<BR><BR> End If<BR>

Default Are you aware...

...that cookies you set via Response.Cookies are *NOT* available via Request.Cookies on that same page? You have to make the "round trip" to the browser (i.e., get to the next ASP page) before they appear in the Request collection.<BR><BR>If you were aware of that, then did you try "dumping" the Request.Cookies collection, using the code that MS demos in the ASP docs?<BR><BR>