Problems installing IIS Windows 2000 Pro

Thread: Problems installing IIS Windows 2000 Pro

Default Problems installing IIS Windows 2000 Pro

Hi All<BR><BR>Im having difficulties installing IIS back onto Windows 2000 Pro.<BR><BR>When I am installing it, it gets to 90% then just stays there, saying Installing Internet Inforamtion Services. Even after 30mins its still the same.<BR><BR>I have installed it through safe mide, but when I came back in IIS said it was unable to find my computer.<BR><BR>I am running SLQ Server 2000, should I uninstall this then try again, any programs or files that I should be wery of that may be causing this? Services that should be running for the install etc?<BR><BR>In my event viewer I have this error, type Information, Source Browser.<BR><BR>The browser has forced an election on network DeviceNetBT_Tcpip_{1F0314A7-2EB5-4250-8D62-826447B15DB7} because a master browser was stopped. <BR><BR><BR>2nd Log Type Information, Source SNMP <BR>The SNMP Service has stopped successfully. <BR><BR><BR>3rd Log Warning, SOurce DNSCache<BR>The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator. <BR><BR>Any help would be great as this is most frustrating.

Default RE: Problems installing IIS Windows 2000 Pro

have you tried closing any firewalls you may have?<BR>