ASP Help!

Thread: ASP Help!

Default ASP Help!

I downloaded an ASP created site but cant get it to run. Problem with the connection to database. When I load the index.asp page I get this error:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified<BR>/scart/db.asp, line 10<BR><BR><BR>Can anyone tell me how to fix it?<BR><BR><BR>Also Im looking to get a fully working sample e-commerse site created in ASP with VBScript and using access. Can anyone reccomend where to download one?<BR><BR>Cheers

Default connection string

your connection string is probably wrong. when i had that problem, i emailed support at my host and they gave me the exact connection string i needed, so maybe you&#039;d want to try that. all i know is the connection string for using SQL Server and an OLE DB connection:<BR><BR>Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=****;User Id=****;Password=****;Initial Catalog=****;<BR><BR>Data Source is the IP address to connect to<BR>User Id and Password are self explanitory<BR>Initial Catalog is the name of the database

Maurice PH Hendriks Guest

Default RE: ASP Help!