I have an app that uses data shaping and a system DSN. I want to convert it to DSN-less connection but that would require two conn.Provider statements. Here is the code: <BR>Existing code: <BR>set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")<BR>conn.Pr ovider = "MSDataShape"<BR>conn.ConnectionString = "benefits" &#039a system DSN<BR>What I want to do:<BR>set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")<BR>conn.Pr ovider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"<BR>conn.ConnectionSt ring = "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath ("DBname.mdb") &#039no DSN required<BR><BR>If I try to shape with the OLEDB provider, I get this error:<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR>Invalid SQL statement; expected &#039DELETE&#039, &#039INSERT&#039, &#039PROCEDURE&#039, &#039SELECT&#039, or &#039UPDATE&#039. <BR><BR>/hrform/showBen.asp, line 34 <BR><BR>If I try it with the provider set to MSDataShape, I get this error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name too long <BR><BR>/hrform/showBen.asp, line 32 <BR><BR>There has to be a way to do both, because I have to use DSN-less connection, and would prefer to use data shaping. Any ideas? <BR>[ this is also posted on the Advanced ASP forum ]