Pseudo Frame population -act as server loading fra

Thread: Pseudo Frame population -act as server loading fra

Default Pseudo Frame population -act as server loading fra

This seems pretty impossible, but i thought maybe an expert had an idea. My platform, server 2k, IIS, Active Server pages, SQL server availible for use...<BR><BR>Below is code to show a webpage with frames:<BR>*************************************** **********<BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT%&#062;<BR> &#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;TITL E&#062;Web Proxy Beta&#060;/TITLE&#062;<BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;frameset rows="20%, *"&#062;<BR> &#060;frame src="Intranet_page.asp"&#062;<BR> &#060;frame src=""&#062;<BR> &#060;/frameset&#062;<BR>&#060;/frameset&#062;<BR>******************************** *****************<BR><BR>If you run this page, it obviously loads a local page in the top frame, and CNN in the bottom frame.<BR>Our site uses a centralized program called Surfcontrol to block by domain username who we want to be able to surf the net. This program is an all or nothing blocker of the internet. The web server does have the ability to surf the net. I want the bottom frame to access a web site as if the web server was attempting to access that web site. This way, if a user who&#039;s internet access is blocked, they can go to this intranet site, type in a web page in a form, submit it, my asp will see if it&#039;s an ok site, and it will load the page in the bottom frame because it&#039;s the web server (admin account) going out to get the external page.<BR><BR>Impossible?<BR>

Default RE: Pseudo Frame population -act as server loading

It&#039;s possible, I guess, but as for your reasons, well I&#039;m not so sure. Basically, you want to bypass SurfControl, so what you need to do is write a proxy server, basically.<BR><BR>frames is the wrong way of going about it though, and itr&#039;s not easy. you have to ahave a parser that can retrieve all src and hreafs from a document and translate them. youtr URLs would look like this<BR><BR>http://server/proxy.asp?get=<BR><BR>proxy.asp would request the page, and parse it, replacing all image and script tags with a similar formatted URL<BR><BR>http://server/proxy.asp?get=<BR><BR>and go on for all images, CSS, Flash, javascripts and so on.<BR><BR>it&#039;ll also need to deal with the 302 Object Moved HTTP response, the refresh HTTP header and likely the Set-Cookie header too.<BR><BR>so it&#039;s not all that easy, no. still want to do this with ASP, instead of sneaking a Proxy onto the server?