Export Access Result as CSV file

Thread: Export Access Result as CSV file

Tina Woods Guest

Default Export Access Result as CSV file

Ok, I know there just has to be a way to do this. I want a user to be able to filter a recordset, and then be able to export that result to a csv file, which they can then download. There was an article at Web Builder (I think..too many late nights on this one) on how to do this, but they gave instruction for InterDev, but I use Drumbeat, so it did just about zero for helping me out. I have been trying to piece this together, but can&#039t seem to get the result I want. So far, I can get the user to the set of results they need, and then use a Drumbeat contract to have them go to the "export" page with a maintain state option. So that part is all worked out, now it is just...how to write the **** downloadable file! Does anyone have any ideas on ths one?

Chris Willey Guest

Default RE: Export Access Result as CSV file

I did this in Cold Fusion once, it should work in ASP:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>tab = Chr(9) &#039tab ASCII character<BR>ret = Chr(13) &#039carriage return ASCII character<BR>Set myFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>Set myFile = myFS.CreateTextFile("c:inetpubwwwrootfile.csv")<BR >Do Until rs.EOF<BR>myFile.WriteLine(rs("field1") & tab & rs("field2") & tab & rs("field3") & ret)<BR>rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Emai l me if you have any questions (cwilley@enterprisefoundation.org)