Why do I get this Error Message?

Thread: Why do I get this Error Message?

Default Why do I get this Error Message?

I recently switched my web host a couple of months ago, and I get this error message from time to time.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>Whenever I call "ANY" page that accesses the database, that happens. Then all of a sudden it goes away and everything works fine. Sometimes I&#039;ll get that message for 2-3 days, other times for only 1 hour. I also have a second application running on the same domain using a different database and diffrent DSN, and I&#039;ll get the error message when I try to accesss that database also. The web host acts like they don&#039;t know why it&#039;s happening, telling me to make sure my connections are closing ect.. But nothing I do seems to be the problem. Everything will work fine for 1-2 weeks, then for no reason *boom* nothing but that message.<BR>Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks<BR>

Default RE: Why do I get this Error Message?

try using the OLEDB provider instead of the ODBC driver<BR><BR>I do, and I NEVER see this message<BR><BR>j<BR>http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/