Thread: ASP, XML and UPS

Default ASP, XML and UPS

Hi-<BR><BR>I have a home grown ASP based shopping cart and I am trying to implement the UPS online shipp rates calculator which uses XML. I have read a bit about XML (Dummies book, online etc) and have a pretty clear understanding of it (DTDs etc), what I am looking for is advice on how to proceed. I need to do a secure http post to the UPS server and then read the response back from them. From what I can tell XMLHTTP seems to be the place the start, but I am not sure. Looking for advice or listings of articles/faqs etc from someone who has done this already or who has a better idea than me!<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>Ken

Default RE: ASP, XML and UPS

I haven&#039;t worked with the UPS APIs specifically. But, the concept for all web services is about the same.<BR><BR>You will build an XML document using the MSXML DOM object. You will take this object and send it to the UPS XML Web Service using the ServerXMLHTTP object. The UPS XML Web Service will return a response, which you can access from the ServerXMLHTTP object. Once you have the response, you will load it into a MSXML DOM object.<BR><BR>From there, it&#039;s just a matter of manipulating the MSXML DOM object to get the data out that you need. And/or using XSLT and transforming the response to HTML.<BR><BR>Good luck!