Email/Timer Question

Thread: Email/Timer Question

Default Email/Timer Question

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a way to control the number emails i want to send out per second/min etc. When I send attachments, my smtp server can get bogged down using asp, if im sending lots of emails with large attachments. I used visual basic because I can use the timer control to control when an event is suppose to fire. I would like to learn how to do the same thing in ASP. I just want to be able to control my Recordset (which contains the contacts from my database) and send an 2 emails every 30 seconds to make sure the smtp server does not get bogged down. I was thinking maybe javascript:settimeout or something but not sure how it would work with the server site features which it would obviously need to loop through the recordset.

Default RE: Email/Timer Question

basically, I advise not using ASP to send bulk email. it&#039;s just not suited to it. at all. even a bit.<BR><BR>if you want a web-based interface though, I&#039;d suggest you use a message queue. the ASP section just creates the queue, the VB app checks it occassioanlly and sends email based on it.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>htp://