Troubles with Stored Procedures..

Thread: Troubles with Stored Procedures..

Default Troubles with Stored Procedures..

Hi guys,<BR><BR>Up until now i&#039;ve used script in my page to perform various insert/update/deletes on my database but now I want to switch to stored procedures. I bought a "understanding sql server" book but so far have been unable to replicate in a stored procedure want I used to do in page script. <BR><BR>What I want to achieve is quite simple I think, but I need some help. <BR><BR>I have 5 tables in the database<BR><BR>tbl_UserAccess<BR>tbl_Personal<BR> tbl_Contact<BR>tbl_Address<BR>tbl_Details<BR><BR>W hat I used to do in script was essentially a registration. The user enters a "Username" then clicks register.<BR><BR>The script would then, insert the username in the first table "UserAccess", and create a unique "ID", then it would insert these details (Username, ID) into the other 4 tables (tbl_Personal, tbl_Contact, tbl_Address, tbl_Details). <BR><BR>My question is how do I achieve this with a stored procedure? I&#039;ve tried various ones myself, but so far have only been able to insert into the first table and not insert the registration details into the others?<BR><BR>Any idea, help or recommendation would be greatly appreciated. <BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>James

Default RE: Troubles with Stored Procedures..

show us what you&#039;ve tried, show how you call you SP, and, what you have in your SP.<BR>