Include Files using a variable

Thread: Include Files using a variable

Brent Willman Guest

Default Include Files using a variable

I have an ASP page that needs to have dynamic information and post a regular html page that is already in the index server the code is:<BR>&#060;A HREF=UpDelListings.asp?Listing_ID=&#060;% = Session("Listing_ID")&#037;&#062;>Edit this listing&#060;/A><BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE FILE="../Listings/&#060;% = Session("Listing_ID") &#037;&#062;" &#037;&#062;--><BR>This however doesn&#039t work it says it can&#039t find the page, because the include file will not allow for dynamic data. <BR><BR>ANY IDEAS????<BR>Please let me know<BR>Thanks

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: Include Files using a variable

How about using this:<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF=UpDelListings.asp?Listing_ID=&#060;% = Session("Listing_ID")&#037;&#062;>Edit this listing&#060;/A><BR>&#060;%<BR>IncludeFile = Session("Listing_ID")<BR>&#039you can change the following to whatever<BR>IncludeFile = server.mapPath(IncludeFile) <BR>set fs = server.createobject(scripting.fileSystemObject) <BR>set f = fs.openTextFile(IncludeFile) <BR>content = f.readall<BR>set f = nothing <BR>set fs = nothing <BR>response.write(content) <BR>&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>hope this helps.<BR><BR>

Brent Willman Guest

That helped thank you so much

Ian Stallings Guest

excellent. your welcome.

Olivier Travers Guest

You answer a question I was having too (i.e. how to script include files), but I&#039m not very proficient in ASPs/VBScript so I&#039m not sure I figured out the answer! Could you help the clueless newbie I am there? Specifically, am I correct to assume your code relies on sessions (through the server.createobject method)? I understand sessions rely on cookies so isn&#039t there a way to script file includes without cookies?<BR><BR>Or did I really understand nothing at all?<BR><BR>Thanks for your help.