Hello,<BR><BR>The other day I posted a question about how to download a file from a private directory outside of the public web folder. Atrax referred me to his "image leeching" example on his site, and I was able to use the Stream object to get this to work.<BR><BR>However, I&#039;m having problems getting this to work for .pdf and .ppt files when I have the "Content-Disposition" set to "attachment". Acrobat opens up, but then there is an error saying the file does not exist. I think it is looking for the file on a local temp directory or something, and it isn&#039;t there because a similar situation happens with .ppt files.<BR><BR>Now, if I have my "Content-Disposition" set to "inline", then it works fine. However, I want to use "attachment" if possible because that is what the client wants.<BR><BR>Here is my main code if it will help:<BR><BR>Private Sub DownloadFile(fileID, fileName)<BR>&#039;--declare variables<BR>Dim strAbsFile<BR>Dim strFileExtension<BR>Dim objFSO<BR>Dim objFile<BR>Dim objStream<BR>Dim fileExtension<BR>Dim objDictionary<BR> <BR>Response.Buffer = True <BR>strAbsFile = Server.MapPath("/intranet/livefiles/documents/")<BR>strAbsFile = strAbsFile & "\" & fileID & "\" & fileName<BR> <BR>Set objDictionary = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")<BR>objDiction ary.Add ".doc", "application/msword"<BR>objDictionary.Add ".pdf", "application/pdf"<BR>objDictionary.Add ".ppt", "application/mspowerpoint"<BR>objDictionary.Add ".xls", "application/msexcel"<BR> <BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>If objFSO.FileExists(strAbsFile) Then<BR> Set objFile = objFSO.GetFile(strAbsFile)<BR> fileExtension = objFSO.GetExtensionName(strAbsFile)<BR> <BR> Response.Clear<BR> Response.ContentType = objDictionary.Item(fileExtension)<BR> Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" & objFile.Name<BR> &#039;Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" & objFile.Name<BR> Response.AddHeader "Content-Length", objFile.Size<BR> Set objStream = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")<BR> objStream.Open<BR> objStream.Type = 1<BR> Response.CharSet = "UTF-8"<BR> objStream.LoadFromFile(strAbsFile)<BR> Response.BinaryWrite(objStream.Read)<BR> objStream.Close<BR> Set objStream = Nothing<BR> Set objFile = Nothing<BR>End If<BR> Set objFSO = Nothing<BR>End Sub