JavaScript access to database?

Thread: JavaScript access to database?

barn Guest

Default JavaScript access to database?

Folk,<BR><BR>There is this ASP page that needs to have a JavaScript function retrieve data from a SQL Server table. It&#039s a popup page that populates several text boxes on the parent page after selection of one item from a list.<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried several approaches, but keep butting up against the need to read data from the table after a selection is made. I recently (last three or four weeks) saw an article that began, "Here is the JavaScript to read a database . . .." I thought to myself that this would be a useful thing and intended to return to it, but got called away. Naturally, I failed to mark it, and now I cannot remember where I saw it.<BR><BR>Has anyone seen this, have a location for it? Or can anyone tell me how to read a table with JavaScript? Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>

Default RE: JavaScript access to database?

It sounds to me like you need to launch an .asp file in the pop up that reads the database and then generates the JavaScript that populates the parent page. Sorry, but I don&#039t have any samples :{ Good Luck, Sam