Validation

Thread: Validation

Pam Ratledge Guest

Default Validation

I want to be able to validate an text field as soon as it has lost <BR>focus. I need to validate the field against access table field.<BR>I currently use the recordset object to retrieve data from<BR>the database. I can&#039t seem to get the SQL Query to work with<BR>the value entered on the screen.

Default RE: Validation

&#060;input name="Input_Box" onchange="do_something()" &#062;<BR><BR>You can create function: <BR><BR>function do_something() {<BR>CODE here<BR>}

Thanks for your response.<BR>I&#039ve tried this, but cant seem to get the correct code.<BR>Do you have any examples on how you can compare the value of<BR>the "input_box" against a database field. This event is "JavaScript" correct? I can&#039t seem to connect to the database<BR>inside the Javascript, so I retrieved the data into a two<BR>dimensional array. Cant seem to get the correct syntax on <BR>passing the array. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://nacimiento.com/appletview/ordering.html<BR><BR>try to see their source code, it does the stuff you want to do. <BR>