Cashing Data Using Application Variables

Thread: Cashing Data Using Application Variables

Default Cashing Data Using Application Variables

Hi All,<BR><BR>I am managing my customer support website. The data is too much, so I need to store it in the Application Variables and do the checking of newly updated onces after 10 mins. I dont know where I am making a mistake, can any 1 help me in this regards. Here are the lines that I am using to store/checking the data in the Application variables.<BR><BR> If DateDiff("n", Application("DateCached"), Now()) &#062;= 10 then <BR> Application.Lock<BR> set conn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> Session("ConnectionString")<BR><BR> dim comp, count_comp<BR> set rscompany= server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR> rscompany.activeconnection=conn<BR> company_sql = "sp_company"<BR> set rscompany = conn.execute(company_sql)<BR> Application("comp")=rscompany.getrows()<BR> set rscompany=nothing<BR><BR> Application("DateCached") = Now()<BR> Application.UnLock <BR><BR> response.redirect ("index_common.asp")<BR><BR> End If<BR><BR>Please any help in this regard is highly appreciated.<BR><BR>Regards.<BR><BR>M. Moazzam Shamim<BR>

Default RE: CaChing Data Using Application Variables

IIRC, you can&#039;t put arrays in Application-level variables (though I could be wrong). I think the FAQs cover this.