Access File Crash & Burn

Thread: Access File Crash & Burn

Troy the ASP Boy Guest

Default Access File Crash & Burn

Here is my error...<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039(unknown)&#039. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.<BR><BR>The reason I got this error is because my database is now missing in action. According to FTP/FP2K the file size is now 0 bytes.<BR><BR>Here&#039s what happened:<BR>1) logged on to net<BR>2) opened FP2k<BR>3) opened my website in FP2k<BR>4) opened the database through FP2k (download)<BR>5) looked at info in database(Access 97)<BR>6) closed file (automatic FP2k upload)<BR>7) SCREAMED LOUDLY when i discovered the database with MIA<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried to look at the root files using FP2K and WS_FTP and they suggest that the file is now 0 bytes. What did I do wrong. What could have happened? I know I probably can&#039t get my data back (not a lot of info, but potential code investors info was in it). <BR><BR>suggestions? is FrontPage2000 to blame? should i be using WS_FTP to ensure clean transfers????<BR><BR>troy the asp boy<BR><BR><BR>

Jason Miller Guest

Default Just my guess...

I would blame FP2K, yes... but that&#039s just because I&#039ve never had good luck with its Publishing features. My rule of thumb: When you know *exactly* what you want, don&#039t use a Microsoft product to attempt to get it.

Default RE: Access File Crash & Burn

You didn&#039t happen tp have the database open on your computer when you did the upload did you. That has happened to me only when I try uploading a database while I have it open on my computer. So I close it and upload it again and all is well.

troy the asp boy Guest

Default That might be it

thanks for the responses. come to think of it, i may have closed the front page program before closing the database. there could have been a conflict with these 2 open web files/folders. talked to microsoft today and they had no real input besides try cuteFTP or WS_FTP :)<BR><BR>cheers,<BR>troy the asp boy