Error with ADO when connecting with Oracle....

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Error with ADO when connecting with Oracle....

  1. #1
    Solution Guest

    Default Error with ADO when connecting with Oracle....

    Hi,<BR>What I did works fine with Access Database, but not with Oracle.<BR>I created a Data Environment and used a recordset DTC to connect with the database. I used text boxes to link the columns.<BR>When I changed the value, and updated the record, it was reflected in the database(only with Access) but with Oracle, I get the following error:-<BR><BR>ADODB.Fields error &#039 800a0cc1&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name or ordinal reference requested by the application. <BR><BR>/Project1/_ScriptLibrary/Recordset.ASP, line 609 <BR><BR>This is an error from the built-in Script Library.<BR><BR>Any help in this matter is welcome.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    73

    Default RE: Error with ADO when connecting with Oracle....

    can you post the code please ?<BR><BR>You can also read article on MSDn: How to Configure IIS to Connect to Oracle from ASP and ADO at: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q193/2/25.asp<BR><BR>my ASP code works for following :<BR><BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open "dsn=OracleDSN;uid=userid;pwd=password;"<BR>Se t objRs = objConn.Execute("SELECT * FROM DEMO.EMPLOYEE")<BR>

  3. #3
    Solution Guest

    Default RE: Error with ADO when connecting with Oracle....

    I figured out the problem, it was an Oracle Client Software problem. Had to re-install Oracle 8 Client<BR><BR>Thanks for the help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •