I&#039;m using MSXML2.XMLHTTP to post an xml stream to a server that then returns an xml response which I get back using srvXmlHttp.responseText. I need to parse through that result pulling out the elements with the calls tag which then has a subset tag call that is just just each phone calls details. My problem is that I get a *********** exception error when I do this: Dim reader As New Xml.XmlTextReader(response). Response is the message I get back from the xml post. What function should I be using to read the xml response? Here&#039;s the code I&#039;m using to parse he response when I get it back. Any advice on it would be appreciated also:<BR><BR> If (response.Length &#060;&#062; 0) Then<BR> &#039;Read to the first book element<BR>reader.ReadStartElement()<BR>While (Not reader.LocalName.Equals("calls"))<BR> reader.Read()<BR> While (Not reader.LocalName.Equals("call"))<BR> Dim localName As String = reader.LocalName<BR> reader.Read()<BR> Dim data As String = reader.ReadString()<BR> If (localName.Equals("calldate")) Then<BR> <BR> ElseIf (localName.Equals("dialedfrom")) Then<BR> <BR> ElseIf (localName.Equals("location")) Then<BR> <BR> ElseIf (localName.Equals("dialedto")) Then<BR> <BR> ElseIf (localName.Equals("minutes")) Then<BR> <BR> ElseIf (localName.Equals("rate")) Then<BR> <BR> ElseIf (localName.Equals("amount")) Then<BR> <BR> End If<BR> <BR> reader.Read()<BR> End While<BR> reader.Read()<BR> End While<BR>End If<BR><BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Ben