DLLHost.EXE is locking up my computer

Thread: DLLHost.EXE is locking up my computer

Default DLLHost.EXE is locking up my computer

I am having problems with a server that crashes about once a month. The event viewer application log shows a lot of ASP errors. Typically, there are about 10 ASP errors a day, but today multiple errors started to come in at 11 PM which is appartently when my site went down When I noticed at 11:40, the DLLHost.EXE process seemed to lock up the whole server. I used Task Manager to end the process, and everything went back to normal. What is interesting is that the last time I had a similar problem was exactly a month ago on 3/9 at 5 PM.<BR><BR>I know it would be very hard to pinpoint what is going wrong, but where should I start? What causes DLLHost.EXE to lock up? Is it normal to have ASP errors in the application log?<BR><BR><BR>A few of the errors that I get are<BR><BR>Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw expection &#039;C0000005&#039; in &#039;IActiveScript::SetScriptSite()&#039; from &#039;CActiveScriptEngine::Init()&#039;.. <BR><BR>Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw expection &#039;C0000005&#039; in &#039;IActiveScript::SetScriptState()&#039; from &#039;CActiveScriptEngine::ReuseEngine()&#039;. . <BR><BR>Script Engine Exception. A ScriptEngine threw expection &#039;C0000005&#039; in &#039;IActiveScript::Close()&#039; from &#039;CActiveScriptEngine::FinalRelease()&#039; .. <BR>

Default RE: DLLHost.EXE is locking up my computer

I think you have a DLL with a memory leak. Do you use any DLL&#039;s<BR>

Dutch is right. We have that problem all the time. If you&#039;re using Delphi (Im sure there is such a thing for VB 2) you can download a memory leak detector.<BR><BR>Find out where the mem.leaks are in the dll. Fix it. Should help ya solve it...<BR><BR>BTW, I&#039;d seriously recommend the kill.exe program. Its pretty hard to find it on the internet (duh) but if you do, its well worth it..<BR><BR>When dllhost hangs, simply open dos prompt and type "kill dllhost"...<BR><BR>ez as that... Fixes the problem right away. (since you cant close the dll host from task manager - acces denied crap)

Can you recommend any memory leak detectors ?

Default That error is access denied

and it&#039;s probably not a memory leak, and if it is, there&#039;s no program that&#039;ll find it.<BR><BR>Look at your return variables. If this is VB (doesn&#039;t appear to be) you shouldn&#039;t have problems... if it&#039;s C++, make sure your variables aren&#039;t being killed before being marshalled back.

Default RE: That error is access denied

99% of this site is just asp in vbscript, does that make any sense?