I have a textbox set to TextMode="Password", however, it does not display anything but a blank when returning to edit mode, although it&#039;s value is indeed in the db! In regular ASP, setting an input type=password will show asterisks as the user types and will show asterisks for the db value returned as well. (see the user login page of this site, the password is asterisks and if you do a &#039;view source&#039; you will see the actual password value). <BR><BR>The only way I can get the db password to display is to set the textbox to single-line mode, which displays the password as text, which I do not want, I want the password to be displayed as asterisks, just as it does in regular ASP. I can&#039;t believe that something this simple is becoming a nightmare in .net! <BR><BR>Is there a way to correct this that I may be overlooking? THANKS! <BR><BR>Here&#039;s my code: <BR><BR>&#060;asp:TextBox id=TBEPassword tabIndex=100 runat="server" Text=&#039;&#060;%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "OnlinePassword") %&#062;&#039; CssClass="Normal" Width="140px" MaxLength="10" TextMode="Password"&#062;&#060;/asp:TextBox&#062; <BR><BR>