PWS (SP4) and Error ' 80004005' - Disk or

Thread: PWS (SP4) and Error ' 80004005' - Disk or

Katherin Guest

Default PWS (SP4) and Error ' 80004005' - Disk or

Using PWS, I created a simple HTML form. The intent was to have a confirm page appear 1st and then have the users&#039 info sent to an access database. The confirm page shows up no problem, but the following error is generated after a few seconds on the same page ...<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.<BR>/scope/scopeconfirm.asp, line 26<BR><BR>Line 26 refers to the objConn.Open line.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objConn, objRec, strConnect<BR><BR>Set objConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR >Set objRec=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>o bjConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:inetpubwwwroot estaspscopesetup.mdb"<BR><BR>...<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR ><BR>The exact same code runs fine on our IIS server. I&#039ve checked network and file permissions, directory locations (virtual and database), driver versions, location of my global.asa file (in root directory of app) ... I&#039ve even reloaded PWS. Believe it or not, this same code ran fine on my desktop about a month ago. Nothing has changed since then. Must be gremlins! HELP!! What am I missing?

Jason Miller Guest

Default There is no rational reason for this error.

I just saw this last week on one of our IIS servers upstairs when I tried to migrate an app + database. It appears to be security related. (Story follows, suggestions @ bottom)<BR><BR>It sort of cleared up when we built a patsySysAdmin user and set the iUser to patsySysAdmin and had patsySysAdmin own the database. Even then it crashed out on *some* views of the ASP page that was opening the database (not to mention it violating every basic security rule in the book).<BR><BR>Not looking forward to paying for MS support (which may or may not have yielded anything after me being on hold for a couple of hours while soaking the time of the upstairs sysAdmin), we decided to simply copy the code into another directory on our server, where it works fine.<BR><BR>If it&#039s an option for you, I&#039d try the following:<BR>1) Meltdown your evil server. A clean IIS install (+MDAC 2.5 and Office2K demonstrates that my code works fine).<BR>2) Build a copy of the database from scratch on the evil server. In both of our cases, an Access database being moved from one place to another was involved... I&#039m wondering if for an utterly unknown reason, Access security gets scrambled when it gets moved.