Not sure about this error

Thread: Not sure about this error

Default Not sure about this error

Hi everyone I have an ASP Application that once a day or so I get this error message:<BR><BR>"Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]<BR>Could not use &#039;(unknown)&#039;; file already in use."<BR><BR>If I restart IIS it fixes it, but not sure why this is happening? Anyone have any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks

Default Just exactly what error says

Somebody else--which might even be you yourself, using Access--has the DB open and so ASP and OLE DB can&#039;t use it.<BR><BR>If there is a ".ldb" (Locked DataBase) file in the same file as the same-named ".mdb" file, then it is locked.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Not sure about this error

You need to check the security permissions of the database itself. I have had the same problem where I have had to close the editor accessing the asp pages and the database before being able to preview my pages but generally you can get around this by making sure you set the relevant permissions for iusr, Launch IIS and your PC&#039;s name. Right click on the database and select properties/security