Too big for TEXTAREA ?

Thread: Too big for TEXTAREA ?

Mr Swifty Guest

Default Too big for TEXTAREA ?

I have a page that&#039s be used for editing some data. One of the data fields is the SQL Server "text" datatype, which is fine, but I use a <TEXTAREA> box to edit this. In some cases I get some rubbish like <PÿLM/W3SVC/1/Root/dbinfo (dbinfo is my application directory) appended to the end of truncated data. What can I use instead of TEXTAREA?

Brad Joss Guest

Default RE: Too big for TEXTAREA ?

How odd?<BR>Isn&#039t there a 4K limit on data passed via FORM? I can&#039t honestly verify this is true, but I would swear I remember reading something at about it. At any rate, this leads to the question, does it happen with small amounts of data as well as large?<BR><BR>Other veins of thought...<BR>- DB Buffer settings of some sort?<BR>- Extented chacthers in the SQL response? (e.g.
    , &#060;/TEXTAREA&#062;, etc...)<BR>

Mr Swifty Guest

Default RE: Too big for TEXTAREA ?

Thanks for your response, you made me think about it more, and I&#039ve found the problem: I had been using GET where POST would have been fine (don&#039t ask me why), so it must have been the query string size limit. I changed it to POST and it&#039s OK.