Text on an Input Button

Thread: Text on an Input Button

Default Text on an Input Button

I have the following input button, and I want to breakup the value of Attorney Notification onto two lines, to make the width of the button smaller. Is that possible?<BR><BR>&#060;input type=button value="Attorney Notification" <BR> name="AttNot" id="AttNot" <BR> onClick="ChooseNow(&#039;AttNot&#039;);"<BR> style="background-color:#265674;color:lightgoldenrodyellow"&#062;

Default Works in MSIE...

...but not with NS 4 browsers. Not sure about NS 6+.<BR><BR>Anyway:<BR><BR>&#060;input type=button value="Attorney<BR>Notification" name="AttNot" id="AttNot" ...&#062;<BR><BR>Yes, as simple as that. You just break the text *INSIDE* the quotes!<BR><BR>But NS4 will still display it all on one line. More&#039;s the pity.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Works in MSIE...

Thanks Bill - We only develop for IE where I work so that will be fine.

For IE you can use the BUTTON tag instead of a INPUT TYPE=BUTTON.<BR>BUTTON is a container tag, and it can hold text, images and simple structures.<BR><BR>&#060;BUTTON name="AttNot" id="AttNot" onClick="ChooseNow(&#039;AttNot&#039;);" style="background-color:#265674;color:lightgoldenrodyellow"&#062;Att orney<BR>Notification&#060;/BUTTON&#062;<BR><BR>Not sure if this tag is supported by NS.<BR><BR>iCE

Well it seems that BR tags are not treated in this forum. You should use one between your button-text words.<BR><BR>iCE