Hi... <BR>I have a question about datagrids.**I have one working well, but I would like to be able to set the focus on a field in the footer of it to help speed-up the quick insert. <BR>Here is How I would like to be able to do it: <BR>***** <BR>BindOnlyGrid() <BR>Dim txtBox As Control <BR>txtBox = Me.FindControl("footLicenseNumber") <BR>&#039;footLicenseNumber is a TextBox <BR>ThisPage.SetInitialFocusOn(txtBox) <BR>****** <BR>The FindControl doesn&#039;t find anything, and txtBox stays "nothing". <BR>This is the SetInitialFocusOn code: <BR>************ <BR>Public Sub SetInitialFocusOn(ByVal control As Control) <BR>Dim s As System.Text.StringBuilder = New System.Text.StringBuilder() <BR>s.Append("&#060;script language=&#039;javascript&#039;&#062;") <BR>s.Append("function SetInitialFocusOn(){") <BR>s.Append("** document.") <BR>Dim p As Control = control.Parent <BR>**While Not TypeOf p Is System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm <BR>******p = p.Parent <BR>**End While <BR>s.Append(p.ClientID) <BR>s.Append("[&#039;") <BR>s.Append(control.UniqueID) <BR>s.Append("&#039;].focus();}") <BR>s.Append(" window.onload=SetInitialFocusOn;") <BR>s.Append(" &#060;/script&#062;") <BR>control.Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock("FocusH ere", s.ToString) <BR>End Sub <BR>************ <BR>I hope this is enough information. Thanx. <BR>Oleg