DDE Problem in Goldmine

Thread: DDE Problem in Goldmine

Default DDE Problem in Goldmine

I'm trying to customize Goldmine (GM) for a client. GM has a native DDE interface linked to Word. I don't know how to link it to asp so I figured I'd create a word.application object and call the DDE function from this object. This worked perfectly in a simple vbs script, but in asp I got a "cannot initiate link" error. So I built a dll in VB and had asp just call the object in the dll and the dll created the word.application object which called the DDE function. Same error. (I also made a VB executable which did the same and it worked perfectly, so the problem is with asp not VB). Why doesn't asp like DDE. Please help.

Default Two possibilities...

(1) Did you enable out-of-process calls from ASP? That&#039;s a "metabase" setting. By default it is disabled.<BR><BR>(2) Does GoldMine insist on popping up a window? As if it is running on a client machine? ASP runs window-less, so that might present a problem.<BR><BR>I&#039;d bet on number (1) though. Search MSDN for "allow out of process" or something akin to that.<BR><BR>