Thread: connection

Default connection

hi, i&#039m trying to open a connection. this is what i have in my asp file: Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>and this is for asa:<BR>Application("alter_ego_ConnectionString") = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=eee;Initial Catalog=alter_ego;Data Source=EEESQL;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=EGOPC2;User Id=eee;PASSWORD=zzz;"<BR>Application("alter_ego_Co nnectionTimeout") = 15<BR>Application("alter_ego_CommandTimeout") = 30<BR>Application("alter_ego_CursorLocation") = 3<BR>Application("alter_ego_RuntimeUserName") = "eee"<BR>Application("alter_ego_RuntimePasswor d") = "zzz"<BR>Set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>i keep getting : &#039Operation is not allowed when the object is closed&#039<BR>please help

Default RE: connection

Which file and line is the error on? You may want to post the error in the chat room. You don&#039t have to type in the whole code block there, just the error text and go from there.<BR><BR>I don&#039t see any code there that would generate this type of error. Typically this happens on the Open method. If you have an Open, make sure there isn&#039t a Close before the open happens. If you dont have an open, you need one. <BR><BR>Hope this helps