help with error!

Thread: help with error!

Default help with error!

I get this error where i run query<BR>ODBC Error Code = HY000 () [MERANT][ODBC Oracle 8 driver][Oracle 8]ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:<BR>DRG-10599: column is not indexed<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT Clients.ClientID, Clients.ClientName, Orders.OrderID, <BR>FROM Orders, Clients, Users, Stages, Offices<BR>WHERE Orders.ClientID = Clients.ClientID<BR> AND Orders.RecruiterID = Users.UserID (+)<BR> AND Orders.StageID = Stages.StageID (+)<BR> AND Orders.OfficeID = Offices.ID (+)<BR> AND Clients.Active = 1 AND Clients.WorkGroupID = 1 AND Orders.Active = 1<BR>AND Orders.OfficeID = 43<BR>AND (Orders.Template = 0 <BR>OR Orders.Template is null)<BR>AND CONTAINS (Orders.JobDescription, &#039;<BR>(mechanical)&#039;,1) &#062; 0<BR>ORDER BY Orders.JobTitle DESC".<BR><BR>All I am trying to do is find records that has "mechanical" in jobdesription field. I tried to create index but get an error. Jobdescription is of datatype long. Anysuggestion!<BR> <BR> <BR><BR> <BR> <BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: help with error!

i created index like this and it worked. <BR> create index idx_orders_index on orders(jobdescription)<BR> indextype is ctxsys.context;