DB up to 55,000 records

Thread: DB up to 55,000 records

Default DB up to 55,000 records

I am connecting to a database residing on a unix server. One of my tables contains more than 55,000 records. My webserver is a Windows 2000 with IIS4 and I have created a ODBC on this server to my database. I am not sure how to display such a big table using asp. When I retrieve tables with few records everything works fine. Do you have any solution to this problem?

Default Paging...

Read up on "Paging". <BR><BR>There can&#039;t possibly ever be a point of trying to shove all 55,000 records from the web server out to a browser, right?<BR><BR>So for starters, you want to allow your users to somehow quickly zero in on the part of the table they are interested in. Maybe they want to see all records from March 1st to March 15th, 2003? Okay, so build a query that give just those records.<BR><BR>Still too many records? Maybe that&#039;s still 200 records? Okay, now learn about paging.<BR><BR>You don&#039;t say what kind of DB. Some DBs have wonderful support built in for paging (MySQL is one great example). With others you will have to use the paging that ADODB provides you.<BR><BR>