convertion of Date, Help !!!!

Thread: convertion of Date, Help !!!!

stephic Guest

Default convertion of Date, Help !!!!

In my porject , my lecturer want me to let the user fill in the birthday date. He needs I to separate birthday date to three input box,one for month, one for date nad another for year<BR>then how I combime three character to a datatype datetime?<BR>

Mr Swifty Guest

Default RE: convertion of Date, Help !!!!

If your form submits to an asp page, on that page you could concatenate the entries, then convert the resulting string into a date, like this:<BR><BR>dtBirthday = cdate(request("txtDay") & "/" & request("txtMonth") & "/" & request("txtYear"))<BR><BR>Good luck.<BR>

Stephic Guest

Default RE: convertion of Date, Help me again !!!!

the error occur for error in CDATE<BR>error is Type mismatch: &#039CDATE&#039 <BR>can anyone hrlp me, I need to have three input box and convert three of them to a date

Mr Swifty Guest

Default RE: convertion of Date, Help me again !!!!

The text-box entries should be converted into numbers first:<BR><BR>intDay = cint(request("txtDay"))<BR>intMonth = cint(request("txtMonth"))<BR>intYear = cint(request("txtYear"))<BR>&#039then do the cdate conversion<BR>dtDate = cdate(intDay & "/" & intMonth & "/" & intYear)

Mr Swifty Guest

Default RE: Actually that's pointless !!!!

Sorry, I don&#039t think that&#039ll make a difference; it should have been ok the first time......