Thread: Dropdown-question

Default Dropdown-question

Hi there...<BR><BR>I&#039;d like to make a dropdown with different emailaddresses. And on submit it should sent an email to the choosen address and give an alert-window with "Email sent".<BR><BR>I&#039;m using this script to email:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR>Mailer.Fr omName = "Joe’s Widgets Corp."<BR>Mailer.FromAddress= "Joe@somehost.com"<BR>Mailer.RemoteHost = "mailhost.localisp.net"<BR>Mailer.AddRecipient "John Smith", "jsmith@anotherhostname.com"<BR>Mailer.Subject = "Great SMTP Product!"<BR>Mailer.BodyText = "Dear Stephen" & VbCrLf & "Your widgets order has been processed!"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Can anyone give me an example how to do this...?<BR><BR>Thnx,<BR><BR>Leon

Default Not advanced...post in Q&A forum

And, when you do, explain how you want to relate the recipient&#039;s name to the email address. Do you want to send *both* from the &#060;FORM&#062; to the mailer page? (Probably best idea, but you have to tell us.)<BR><BR>And how come you add the recipient "John Smith" but then the body of the email says "Dear Stephen".<BR><BR>And why do you want an alert, instead of simply a confirmation message? The alert is client side; the email is server side. (You can do it, but it just adds another tiny step of complexity.)<BR><BR>Anyway, post more details...but in the correct forum.<BR><BR><BR>