URL Parsing

Thread: URL Parsing

Default URL Parsing

Hello, <BR><BR>I was wondering if the following is possible as i am unaware of how to do it. <BR><BR>If an application i have, based on oracle forms, fires up a URL with particular parameters being passed to this URL....is there anyway that i can grab that url as soon as the page is loaded, store it in a variable and then break it down as i wish ---- to retrieve the parameters that were passed with it? <BR><BR>EG. www.mysite.co.uk/default.asp?parameter1=F0039& parameter2=01/02A <BR><BR>If i wanted to store the url in a variable called strURL how could i do it, or is it even possible? <BR><BR>The reason i ask is that i want to use parameter1 and parameter2 as the basis of an embedded sql string to interogate an Oracle database and display the data on the web page (asp). <BR><BR>Many thanks<BR><BR>

Default RE: URL Parsing

You mean...<BR><BR>myVar = Request.QueryString("parameter1")<BR>myVar2 = Request.QueryString("parameter2")<BR><BR>?<BR><BR> Craig.

Default Well you can certainly do that however

you don&#039;t need to parse the whole URL. It sounds like you simply want to grab the the querystring parameters in your ASP page.<BR><BR>This is really easy and basic. ; )<BR><BR>dim strPar1, strPar2<BR><BR>strPar1 = request.querystring("parameter1")<BR>strPar2 = request.querystring("parameter2")<BR><BR>Now you have the values to do anyhting you like with.<BR><BR>Pete<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>