Join syntax - please help - going insane

Thread: Join syntax - please help - going insane

Default Join syntax - please help - going insane

I want to join two tables with a common column (dive_affil.ID and manufacturer_types.affilID are the key an foreign key respectively).<BR>I tried the following statement...<BR><BR>strSQL = "select * FROM dive_affil, manufacturer_types WHERE manType LIKE &#039"& manType&"&#039 AND&#039dive_affil.affilID&#039 = &#039manufacturer_types.affilID&#039"<BR><BR>objRS .Open strSQL, objConn<BR><BR><BR>It won&#039t return the joined records that I know are there. Is ther something wrong with my syntax?<BR><BR>i also tried to use INNER JOIN as an alternative approach, but this is what i got....<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Join expression not supported. <BR><BR>Please help. Going insane. Not a pretty sight.

Allen Hamlin Guest

Default RE: Join syntax - please help - going insane

Is this Access / SQL Server / Oracle?<BR>Be sure to test the sql outside of the ASP first - then put it into the ASP - also, I know Access is picky about LIKE statements<BR>I can put some code here tomorrow that I know works