VBScript in ASP....assistance required

Thread: VBScript in ASP....assistance required

WebRookie Guest

Default VBScript in ASP....assistance required

Ok, I require some assistance here. All I want to do is make my life easier by enlisting the use of the space() function. This is a VBScript function that I cannot seem to implement correctly in my code. I&#039ve tried many ways, well here&#039s my code, evaluate for yourself:<BR><BR>&#060;script language = vbscript&#062;<BR>dim mystring<BR>mystring = "Date" & space(5) & "Player" & space(20) & "Clan" & <BR>space(20) & "Website"<BR>&#060;% response.write %&#062; (mystring)<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Does that code make sense. I just want to format a line that will be displayed on the screen accordingly without having to use a &#060;pre&#062; tag and the spacebar. Please help...thanks

Default RE: VBScript in ASP....assistance required

This worked for me<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim mystring<BR>mystring = "Date" & space(5) & "Player" & space(20) & "Clan" & space(20) & "Website"<BR>mystring=Replace(Server.HTMLEncode(my string), Space(1), "&amp;nbsp;", 1)<BR>response.write mystring<BR>%&#062;<BR>

WebRookie Guest

Default RE: VBScript in ASP....assistance required

Awesome....looks I have to do some reading on Replace and<BR>Server.HTMLencode, but it worked!! whoohooo!<BR><BR>thanks for your help!