Getting SQL Server Errors

Thread: Getting SQL Server Errors

Default Getting SQL Server Errors

I&#039;d like to know if there is a way to get in ASP the error messages that SQL Server generates? Example when you are trying to do an insert with too few fields in your select, SQL Server generates an error. When I run my query via ASP, I never get any error messages even when the sql statement is clearly wrong.<BR><BR>Here is my usual way to query my database:<BR><BR> Set objConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR ><BR> objConn.ConnectionString = ConnectionString("Admin")<BR> objConn.Open<BR> Set RS_Standard1=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset" )<BR> objConn.Execute(SQL_Command) <BR> Set RS_Standard1 = objConn.Execute(SQL_Command,intRecordsAffected1)<B R><BR>Are there adjustments I can make to this code or alternative code methods to get all error messages, print statements, etc.<BR><BR>Any ideas?

Default LOL! THIRD time I've posted...

...this same thing in last hour or so:<BR><BR>*FIX YOUR BROWSER FIRST*<BR><BR>Click on the TOOLS menu <BR><BR>Click on the INTERNET OPTIONS menu item <BR><BR>Click on the ADVANCED tab <BR><BR>Find the checkbox labelled "Show friendly HTTP error messages" <BR><BR>*UNCHECK* that checkbox <BR><BR>Say OK to save changes <BR><BR>Close all browser windows <BR><BR>Open a new browser and navigate to the problem page. <BR><BR>*************<BR><BR>See if that doesn&#039;t get you more informative error messages.<BR><BR>