This problem is driving me up the wall....<BR><BR>I am connecting to an Access database using the ODBC download from Microsoft.<BR><BR>Shared inventoryConn As Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection = New Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection("Driver={Micros oft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & FilePath & ";")<BR><BR>I am then simply opening and closing the connection, with a pause in between:<BR><BR>inventoryConn.Open()<BR>Dim x As Integer<BR>Dim y As Integer<BR>For x = 1 To 100000000<BR> y = x + 2<BR>Next<BR>inventoryConn.Close()<BR><BR>This all works fine and is triggered by the click of a button.<BR><BR>If two or three of my coworkers and I all all click the button on separate browsers at the same time, we get the following error:<BR><BR>System.InvalidOperationException: The connection is already Open (state=Open).<BR><BR>The error is of course coming up on the line that opens the connection.<BR><BR>How can I prevent this from happening? Is this a limitation with Access? This is not exactly heavy duty testing. There are only a few of us trying at a time. It only takes a few clicks to cause this error. We have tried using a DSN and we have tried using the OleDB library.<BR><BR>Any help would be forever appreciated.<BR><BR>Tom