I have an order form that requires the user to fill out their e-mail address. I want to check that address against my Customer Table to see if that user is already a customer and redirect them to another page. <BR><BR>I had the If Not statement (thanks to Chaotix and Bill Wilkinson for helping on this!):<BR><BR>If Not rstStrCustDB.EOF Then<BR> Response.Redirect "../products/hosting.asp"<BR>End if<BR><BR>just before the update function, after the update function – just about everywhere, but it just redirects whether there is an e-mail or not. <BR><BR>Then I tried it after all the clear and closes and it gave me an error – said I needed an object. So I gave it one of its own:<BR><BR>&#039; set path to table<BR>strDBPathCustEmail = Server.MapPath("../StrDB/StrCust.mdb")<BR><BR>&#039; create connection object<BR>Set cnnStrCustEmailDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>&#0 39; open connection to table<BR>cnnStrCustEmailDB.Open "DBQ=" & strDBPathCustEmail & ";" & "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};"<BR><BR>&#039; create recordset object<BR>Set rstStrCustEmailDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>&#03 9; execute sql and open as recordset<BR>sqlStrEmail = "SELECT * FROM stoCust WHERE Email = &#039;" & Request.Form("Email") "&#039;"<BR>rstStrCustEmailDB.Open sqlStrEmail, cnnStrCustEmailDB, adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic, adCmdText<BR><BR>&#039; validate variable against database<BR>If Not rstStrCustEmailDB.EOF Then<BR> Response.Redirect "../products/hosting.asp"<BR>End if<BR><BR>&#039; close recordset, connection<BR>rstStrCustEmailDB.Close<BR>cnnStrCus tEmailDB.Close<BR><BR>&#039; clear objects<BR>Set rstStrCustEmailDB = Nothing<BR>Set cnnStrCustEmailDB = Nothing<BR><BR>Now it says there’s a problem with the page. Sigh.<BR><BR>Would anyone like to help, please??<BR><BR>TIA,<BR><BR>critters<BR>