Record Set Count and Display

Thread: Record Set Count and Display

Default Record Set Count and Display

Hello <BR>I am pulling a record set out of an Access database with the following format of two rows;<BR><BR>Date StringField <BR>02/03 item1<BR>02/03 item2<BR>02/03 item1<BR>02/03 item3<BR>02/03 item3<BR>01/03 item1<BR>01/03 item2<BR><BR>I want to display the results as a cumulative count on the string field in month order within an ASP page as this type of format (periods are just to show the spacing)<BR>Date.....item1..item2...item3<BR>02/03......2......1.......2<BR>01/03......1......1.......0<BR><BR><BR>I have tried many different variations but can&#039;t seem to get it right and I am sure it&#039;s quite easy to do. So I just wondered if anybody had any ideas or could point me in the right direction. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>David

Default RE: Record Set Count and Display

Use Count and Group By to get the totals for each date, then order by Date, stringField<BR><BR>use ASP to organise them in the Display<BR><BR>Use a Variable to track what date you are on, then write them out in a row while you are on the same date, if the date changes, start a new row..<BR><BR>HTH.<BR>D.